South Island Open Innovation Challenge
Are you ready to unleash your most innovative ideas to help solve Greater Victoria’s real-world challenges and have the chance to win $15,000 in prize money?
On November 25, the South Island Prosperity Project brought together residents, local leaders, First Nations, entrepreneurs and investors for a Smart South Island Symposium public engagement event to think about how we can work together to become a smarter region by pairing digital technology and data together to create ‘smart’ solutions that will solve our region’s top challenges.
The Smart South Island Symposium helped highlight our region’s top challenges, which assisted us in defining the key priorities to focus on for our Innovation Challenge – a competition inviting the public to submit ‘smart’ pilot project ideas that will make the South Island a smarter, more liveable and sustainable place.
- The Open Innovation Challenge is free to enter
- There are three $15,000 prizes up for grabs
- The top 10 finalists will be invited to pitch their pilot project ideas in front of a live audience and expert panel of judges
- Pitches must demonstrate a deep understanding of how the proposed pilot project will contribute to solving one of the South Island’s key priorities
- Teams must include one Greater Victoria partner